Lewisville is located about 20 miles south of Hope,
on Arkansas Highway 29, at the junction with US 82, and offers some
looks back into the past.
community was named for Lewis B. Fort, judge, and is located in
Lafayette County. The county was formed from Hempstead
County on October 15, 1827 and named for the Marquis de Lafayette,
a French soldier of
the American Revolution. Lewisville became the county
The Cotton Belt Railroad split from the Dallas to
Memphis main line at Lewisville, heading south along
Shown below are a few views of Lewisville that could
still be seen early in 2005. The first photograph shows the Peoples
Loan Company, built in 1915, and added in 1996 to the National
Register of Historic Places. All photographs are Copyright
Ken Freeman, Epagentry.
Design by Epagentry Design Studios